

**Southwest Iowa Narcotics Anonymous**

**Minutes for December 11th, 2016**

**I. Opening:**

The meeting was called to order @ 2:03 p.m. by Mike VP with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer.

**II. Readings:** requested the following be read:

“The Twelve Traditions”, read by Stacy J.

“The Twelve Concepts”, read by Gary M.

“The Service Motivation”, read by Stacy J.

**III. Roll Call/Visitors:**

**Executive Committee:**

Facilitator: Mike VP.

Co-Facilitator: Absent

Recorder: Glenda C.

Treasurer: George R.

RCM: Dave R.

RCM Alt.: **Open**

**Sub-Committees:**

Literature Chairperson: Absent

Activities Chairperson: Laura W.

Co-Chair: **OPEN**

**PR Sub-Committees:**

Facilitator: Stacy J.

H&I: **OPEN**

PI/Phoneline Liaison: **OPEN**

Web-Servant: Dave R.

**Groups:**

Harlan GSF: Gary M.

Straight Edge: Absent

Discovery Group: Dave R.

Just for Today: Absent

Living Clean: Absent

Let It Be: Absent

Recharge Group: Absent

New Way: Absent

New Freedom: Absent

Visions of Hope: Barry B.

ACW: Absent

Simple Serenity: Absent

Straight Friends: Laura W.

Atlantic Meeting: Gary R.

There were 4 out of 13 voting groups at area. **Visitors:** Gary R.

III. **Correction & Approval of Minutes:** Approval of minutes made and passed

IV. **Reports**

**Executive Committee:**

**Facilitator:** Verbal

**Co-Facilitator:** Absent no report

**Recorder:** Verbal

**Treasurer:** Greetings ASC, Reg. Bal. on Nov. 13 was 1425.60 with donations of \$14 of 7<sup>th</sup> tradition. Expenses of 629.46 for a bal of 796.23 Have not been able to complete audit due to lack of delivered documents from previous treasurer and US Bank. I will complete as soon as the information is available. I will have an expense of approximately \$30 for checks. ILS, George R.

**RCM:** November Iowa Region Report to SWINA

RD – Question to take back to Area- what does your Area think about Zonal representation? Zone would like to purchase a Go to Meeting account for Zone and Regional's. Feb 3<sup>rd</sup> is next PSZFNA

IRCNA STANDING requesting \$80.00 for SWINA assistance with our Area digitalizing the past Banners we submitted for the conventions. Maybe they will just rebudget surplus from last IRCNA instead, Further to be discussed-

Total cost of Banners could be around \$2900.00

PR facilitator is Shane R Recorder is Jessica L Co-Fac PR is Victoria R Conferences- Mike D-2conferences Budget 800 H&I Nate M – no facilitator elected Phone; Chad L new Fac Goals: Decrease calls to Admin 10% Increase workshops to get more members by 20% Budget 900.00

Awareness Jay T Coordinator Goals: Research update new PSA' Budget 250.00 priority form planning session Total PR Budget 2600.00

Web services

Sherif: Basic Meeting List no longer supported by Jumla. Needs updated and new mobile friendly platform- need more people on board. Looking for new web service coordinator and Alt, Big priority in planning. Had 7 attendees this Area! We now have a plan of attack and goal of new Website Feb 2018 Budget: increase 1000.0 Breakdown: 40 Skype 180 Web hosting 120 web component 60 printer paper and ink New web 600.00

Insurance work group      Fac- Christine- got forms, making guidelines- events to be covered  
and documents, goals      Budget 2500.00

Fellowship Development      AI- followup with Montezuma group, members has new meetings,  
Ft Dodge,      SWINA has new meeting in Atlantic.      Michelle will do training for FD Skype  
meeting, Dc 12<sup>th</sup> 8:00pm, Boone is co-fac and will be moving up as Facilitator      Budget 500.00  
Goal and responsibilities- reach out to old areas, struggling areas, rural recovery and needs, as  
well as presentations for service- maybe do a campout service weekend!

Roll Call – 12

DANA – has Co Fac for web services

St Lukes at FSANA dropped off their H&I meeting

HANA - New meeting Grundy Center. New RCM Josh D.

LANA – struggling but glad to be here

NCIANA – 15 in attendance at last Area whoo hoo!!

CANA – 2 new meetings Wed VA and Thurs uncut group, Dec 18<sup>th</sup> potluck

SWINA – trying bidding for Area meeting, have Gratitude Dance

SEIANA – Having difficulty in local PR service committee mtgs

QCANA – increased in Area – using rotation of service – maybe a bid for IRCNA, fall harvest  
event – New Years in Rock Island Illinois.

MANA – Ft Dodge joined area – alts at area in multiple positions

Elections

Facilitator – Sari

Co-Facilitator – Kevin passed as unanimous consent

Nominations for RD Kathy – passed

Nominations AD – Michelle B – vote in February

New Service:

IRCNA – Budget 1500    200 storage    150 update memorial    150 travel    1000 for additional on  
Banners

PR Budget 2600.00    Conference 800.00.    H&I 650.00    Phonenumber 900.00    Awareness 250.00  
Insurance Budget 2500.00    Web services Budget 1000.00    Fellowship Development Budget

500.00 Archivist Budget NO budget RD/RDA Budget 3050.00 PSZFNA x2 2000.00  
500.00 printing 150.00 workshops Car/Cat printing 400.00 Fac/Co0Fac Bidet 25.00  
Recorder Budget 50.00 Treasurer Budget 2125.00 Quarterly mtgs 1200.00 P.O. Box 48.00  
Storage and insurance 850.00 Misc 27.00 Total Budget: 13350.00 Donations 1794.72  
for the year not including today.

Approval of subcommittee / workgroups

Fellowship Development – Boone PR Shane R Insurance- Christine All unanimous  
consent

Proposal: What does Iowa think about Zonal representation at the WSC? (Take back to groups)

Proposal: Zone purchase a Go to Meeting account – possibly of doing away with Skype for  
Region and use Go to Meeting form Zone. Cost 50.00 as opposed to 2.99 for Skype (Zone pays  
not Region) – Passed

Proposal: Request for donation to P3 – 1695.00 for reimbursement for books sent to literature  
distribution to facilities in Iowa – amended to go back to groups –

Proposal: Request for donation to Zone Include in last amount at end of the day. Included  
how many Regions 6 regions Mo., NE., IA., OK., SD. And Texas panhandle With what we send  
to NAWS would be willing to give a portion to Zone.

**RCM Alternate: OPEN**

### **Sub-Committees:**

**Literature Committee:** Absent

**Activities Chairperson:** Greetings Area, The Gratitude Dance was a great success!  
Special thanks to Harlan Groups for hosting, helping, donating, cleaning, etc. and to all  
other groups and people for attending and eating. \$730.75 made with admissions, raffle,  
pop sales. Paid out \$150 in cash for the DJ (thanks to him too) and cash \$50 was put  
back into box for change purposes. The deposit to the account was 523.05 the balance  
in the account as of now \$873.60 leaving prudent reserve of \$400 in the account ,  
\$473.60 is left to request to approve a request has been entered that activities uses some  
of the extra \$\$ for food budget and cash for toy shopping for more donations of toys, \$75  
food and \$75 toys which leaves an area donation of \$323! Per Area requested an even  
\$300 donation so that the other \$23 can go toward toys (thank you area) Check #1015  
is an area donation of \$300. Looking forward to the Holiday Bash on Dec 17<sup>th</sup>. Please  
come , bring your kids, and happy holidays. ILS, Laura W.

**PR Sub-Committees: ( H&I, PI/Phone Line Liaison, Web-Servant)**

**PR Facilitator:** Greetings Area, Just a friendly reminder I need subcommittee reports on Saturday before area so I can have time to make my report up, thank you! Please keep in mind we have a new meeting starting December 14<sup>th</sup> at Zion at 7pm. This meeting will be held at the Southwest Iowa Mental Health building in Atlantic. Your web servant Dave R. reports that he hasn't been getting any messages on the web servant email. If there is not anything to post that;s ok. He is worried he might be missing something, As always this is your website and Dave hopes its serving your needs. Suggestions and or comments are welcome thank you! PI is coming along. I feel I am missing something or forgetting to do something. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. For H&I I did order some literature for the Montgomery Co. jail to hand out. The cost was \$26.67. I will get these from Mary R. as soon as I see her. On another note Dave D. has been sick so as far as the Montgomery Co. jail , he has not contacted the jail to see what we can do different to help them out. I will get a hold of Dave and take care of this matter. ILS, Stacy J.

### **Group Reports:**

**Discovery Group:** Verbal report

**Just for Today:** Absent no report

**Living Clean:** Absent no report

**Harlan GSF:** Greetings Area from Harlan GSF recorder, We have had 6 total members present at our recent GSF. All Harlan meetings are going well with a strong message of recovery. Monday has had an average of 10-12 members in attendance. They have a \$25 lit order, but no area donation at this time. Thursday has an average of 13-15 addicts in attendance. They have a \$26.06 lit order this month, but no area donation at this time. Wednesday attendance is up to 8-9 addicts. Saturday attendance is about 8-12 addicts per week. Neither Wed or Sat have lit orders or area donations. Thank you all who helped out with and attended the Gratitude Dance last month. We are so grateful for all the support and hope everyone had a good time. We were able to donate leftover meat to the local community kitchen, about 15# of ham, 3# turkey and 3# ham. Harlan monthly jail meeting are going well. Reminder that there is a new meeting at Zion in Atlantic starting on Wednesday December 14 from 7-8 pm. Our Harlan GSF Facilitator position is still open, but members have been stepping up to fill in until that gets filled. ILS, Gaylen P.

**New Way:** Absent Verbal by Mike VP

**Straight Friends:** Verbal report

**New Freedom:** Absent no report

**Visions of Hope:** Verbal

**Simple Serenity:** Absent no report

**Recharge Group:** Absent Verbal report by Mike VP.

**Straight Edge GSF:** Absent no report

**ACW:** Absent no report

**One Life to Live:** Absent no report

**Let It Be:** Absent no report

**Financial Requests:** All operating expenses passed.

**Sharing Session:** Turned over to Mike VP. at 2:52 pm

Once again it has been brought up about CB meetings if they are going to support SWINA or ENNA ? Not been some representation from some of the groups from CB. Going to get a GSF going and Identify what area the different groups are with.

Remembering Area positions are volunteer positions so making sure to do yours to the best of your ability and doing your position and not others. Keeping people coming to area and not running them off.

Close sharing at 3:10 pm. Break Resume at 3:20 pm

**Unfinished Services:**

A) Nominations for open positions for Area is tabled again.

B) ASC Audit- George R. is still waiting for the information needed.

C) Area inventory- Tabled.

**Current Services:**

A) Changing time of Area—Proposal to change to 3:00 moving sharing session before meeting. 2:00 subcommittee 2:30- sharing and Area starting at 3:00 Taking back to groups plus January Area will be a trial run to see if it works.

B) \$80 donation for IRCNA has been tabled for next area.

**Announcements & Flood Meeting:** Holiday Bash Dec 17

Closed meeting —4:03pm 7<sup>th</sup> Tradition- \$9.00